Do you know the difference between direct marketing and brand marketing?
- It could be the advertisement of a sale or promotion,
- the opportunity to get something now if you sign up today
- the offer can be short term or it can just be a very clear call to action, such as ‘the first 10 people that register will receive abc’,
- it simply calls for an immediate response from the customer.
- It’s everything that goes into building your brand,
- it builds awareness and allows people to get to know you while feeling less like they are being ‘sold’ to.
Brand marketing allows you to demonstrate
- who you are,
- what you stand for and
- what you do.
It adds value and invites conversation, it builds relationships and connections between you and your community – it harnesses trust, and remember, no one will buy from you if they don’t first trust you.
If people feel like they’re just constantly being ‘sold’ to by you, they’ll no doubt eventually turn the opposite direction however it’s important that they do understand what you do and how they can work with you.
So make sure you add lots of value, let people get to know you, and love your community hard, but don’t forget to remind them what you do and how they can work with you every so often, you’re a business, and they know that they’ve joined your community because they value you what you do, imagine the value you could add if they had the opportunity to work with you.
So your job is to develop your marketing strategy, but if you want to take your business to the next level you need to create a brand that will make your team, clients and suppliers happy.